Friday, November 12, 2010

Rachel Maddow interviews Jon Stewart

Here’s the full interview where Jon Stewart opens up about his personal views. Topics range from George W. Bush, WMD’s, water-boarding and the media. I disagree with Stewart on some things, "but I’m pretty sure he isn’t Hitler".

I’m a huge Jon Stewart fan not only because he’s funny, but because he’s very thoughtful, informed and some of his interviews are amazing. I’ll never forget when he went on Crossfire and literally destroyed the show that was the model for modern day punditry.




While I like the idea of the Rally to Restore Sanity/and or Fear. Like many critics I think in trying to be fair-minded he does sometimes make false equivalencies. I think Glenn Greenwald made the point very well. And Bill Maher elaborated on it.

I’m still a big fan and I’m glad the he’s not afraid to say what he thinks, even if I disagree with him on a few points. I think his overall point about toning down the general tone in the national dialog is right on.

No comments:

Post a Comment